*~Mz_Rasni*~ I Love You Gramma!!! You are going to be missed!!!

Service Learning Project day1

Omgeesh! I was there it was so awesome! Although I did keep getting hit on, whistled at, and winked at which startled and scared me a bit, but other than that omgeesh I can't wait to go bacc hopefully Wednesday... The kids were doing geometry bisecting angles and segments and what nots. It was so funny because there was one incident when a kid asked me how to bisect an angle and I'm like, "Ummm... gimme a sec." So, I went to checc out how to do it then as I left to find an answer to his question the teacher walked by and he asked her who I was and she told him that I am a college student and he gave a look like really then how come I don't know how to bisect an angle lmao! The teacher had warned me about one kid how he always acts up, but that whole time I was there he was quiet doing his work not lifting his head up unless he had a question... There was a girl that was the typical teenager. She had her phone out and I guess she was fidgeting with it so the teacher got upset and asked her to put it away so the girl got upset and rebelled by folding her arms and repeatedly rolling her eyes until the teacher finally asked me to escort her to the Principal's office. I met both the vice principal and the principal. The school I went to though was still under construction so a lot was going on at once, but the vice principal was able to tell me estimates of the diversity in the school between the faculty and staff and students. Got to say though... I miss the high school environment where everyone knows everyone and especially the student/teacher/principal relationship/connection... when students get upset they just go to their Principal's office and rant and the principal actually listens to them and act like a psychologist... and since teachers are with their students for like six seven months at a time, a bond gets created and a security/trusting feeling develops and sometimes a student could really use that secure/trust feeling, especially when the root of their problems are at home...wow LOOOOVVVEEEE IIIITTTTT!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited foryou. It sounds like it was excellent. What did the principal say about the diversity stats?

    ReplyDelete